HOW TO WIN AT THE GYM
The Essential Guide for New Gym Members and Refresher for Others
You joined the gym, it was a big step in the direction of gaining control over your body because you know how important regular exercise is for your health and your looks.
You go in to do your first workout only to discover you have no idea what you should be doing. You were hoping to try out all those awesome-looking strength training machines but now you realize you don’t know what the heck they’re for, let alone how you’re supposed to use them, and you definitely don’t want to look stupid in front of all those other people who do seem to know what they’re doing.
You are not alone…
People in your situation typically do one of four things:
- Give up after a couple of weeks and stop going to the gym
- Look for the nearest treadmill or elliptical machine and stick with that until it gets boring or they notice they’re not getting the results they were hoping for, and then they stop going to the gym
- Watch other gym members and copy what they do on the equipment – risky because you don’t really know if the people you are copying even know what they’re doing
- A small number of new members hire themselves a personal trainer (most of these people do continue going to the gym and are the most successful in their quest for a better body)
But what happens if you aren’t in a position to hire a personal trainer? Well, that’s why we wrote How to Win at the Gym: The Essential Guide For New Gym Members.
After many years of working in gyms and talking with people who just joined and were keen to change their bodies but had no idea what to do, we realized the need for a small, easy-to-read handbook for new gym members that gets them started in the right direction.
We’ve included all the answers to questions that have come up when we talked with new gym members. We even ran the book by several gym owners and added bits in that they thought were important. When we showed the book to gym members, the response was unanimous. They all wished they’d had a book like this when they started at the gym!
Here are some of the things you’ll learn by reading How to Win at the Gym: The Essential Guide For New Gym Members
- Which exact activities will give you the results you want
- What to expect as you start working out – how long will it take to feel and look better?
- How to get along with fellow gym members and still get a great workout no matter how busy it gets at the gym
- The best and most effective sequence for doing a complete workout
- Important exercise safety tips
- How to use the strength and cardio machines properly, as well as figuring out what they’re for
There are lots of pictures and, as a special bonus, lots of workouts from beginner to more advanced for you to try.
Getting started is hard, we know, but it’s a lot easier when you know what you’re doing.
So, make the commitment, join the gym, and buy How to Win at the Gym: The Essential Guide For New Gym Members to help you get where you want to go with your body.